employee empowerment

Philippines
October 17, 2009 8:58pm CST
Perhaps one of the factors that would definitely motivate people in the organization is when they are empowered. This is one thing I have noticed in my almost 10 years of working. People feel more confident about what they do and they definitely contribute more to the organization. However, since employees are given a certain level of freedom, it can cause a lot of problems as well. Therefore, managers must specify the limitations and make sure that the subordinates are responsible and accountable for whatever actions they take.
53 responses
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
I think employee empowerment is a great concept to improve overall performance of the organization. Managers may feel threatened by empowerment, but they need to think that the main goal of the organization is the main objective, and you can achieve same through motivated employees. It should not be seen as loss of control for managers and he/she must give limitations to his employees to handle it properly.
• Philippines
19 Sep 10
Managers should not feel threatened if they look at empowerment positively. They should look at it as a way of preparing those next in line to eventually take over when the right time comes.
• Philippines
8 Sep 10
Employee empowerment plays a vital role in motivating an employee. It may result to a more effective, efficient and more productive work. This can also create a sense of belongingness. This is so because in this way, an employee is given a chance to participate in any decision-making activities in the organization which in turn may lessen or eradicate any loopholes of such decisions. However, this may also be the root of any problem in the org especially when the manager won't be able to control the behavior of his subordinates. Employee empowerment is good yet on the other hand, if not supervised properly, may also be a bad thing 'coz conflict might arise between and among the employees or even the manager.
• Philippines
19 Sep 10
It is indeed important for the manager to come up with a way by which he gets to empower his employees and at the same time a system in which he gets to control their behavior. Otherwise, it will not work to the company's advantage.
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
Employee Empowerment helps employees serve customers at the level of the organization where the customer edge exists. Yes it is true that it is the condition of feeling self-empowered to take control of one's own destiny. Empowerment rules as an improvement strategy. Don't walk with difficulty them by limiting their tools or information. Trust them to do right thing. These are the most important main beliefs for managing people. They strengthen employee empowerment, completion and contribution. These actions allow people to soar. Some organizations see empowerment as a strategy to develop employees and serve customers.
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
Employee Empowerment helps employees serve customers at the level of the organizations where the customer edge exists. Yes it is true that it is the condition of feeling self-empowered to take control of one's own destiny. Empowerment rules as an improvement strategy. Don't walk with difficulty them by limiting their tools or information. Trust them to do the right thing . These are the most important main beliefs for managing people. They strengthen employee empowerment , completion and contribution. These actions allow people to soar. Some organizations see empowerment as a strategy to develop employees and serve customers.
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
Employees are motivated when their spirits are being lift up. They will feel that they are a part and important in the organization so they give their best and become more effective. But sometimes because of empowerment, they tend to abuse it. They will feel superior to others. That is why managers should state the limitations of the employees in order for them to know their boundary. And if they go beyond, they are already responsible for whatever actions they make. In that way, they will know until what extent their freedom will only be.
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
"Perhaps one of the factors that would definitely motivate people in the organization is when they are empowered." --True. You can empower your employees by just giving them a very inspiring speech. This will inspire and motivate your employees to do their tasks and work hard to achieve the organization's goals. This will also boost employee's morale even though they are in a difficult situation and make them confident about what they do. It is just like coaching a football team. :)
8 Sep 10
Good leadership should release some empowerment to the employees. Everyone want to free. The employees don't want to be the manufacturing machine. They have their own ides and intelligence in some area. so the manager should release the empowerment to the employees who will make use of their intelligence. This could help the company improve productivity. But the manager should release the empowerment moderately to avoid the problem and abuse of the power.
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
the most definitely motivates me of doing everything is my son., since he lost his father 3yrs ago, i never stopped believing in what i can do to stand up my family. and off course the benefits that the company i work also motivates me to work harder. by my own pagsisikap i earned money and im happy that i can do things that i didn't expected to be. i feel confident doing things on my own because i believe that their is something in me that i cannot resist on doing it. that's because of courage i think.
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
Empowerment is the process of authorizing an individual to think, behave, take action, and control work. It is the state of feeling by helping herself/himself to do the work. And it is development strategy as a rule. He/she not will consult his/her boss/manager by telling about the work. He/she have his/her own decisions. And this maybe to train them as a future boss/manager of an organization.
8 Sep 10
Employee empowerment is the strategy that enables employees to make decisions about the jobs. It helps employees own their work and take resposiblity for their results. Employee empowerment helps employees serve customers at the level of the organization where the customer interface exists. It also authorizing an individual to think, behave, take action, and control work and decisionmaking. The organizaton has the responsibility to create a work environment which helps foster the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways.The work organization has the responsibility to remove barriers that limit the ability of staff to act in empowered ways.
8 Sep 10
Empowering the employees is one of the big motivators to their jobs well and because of that, the organization will be benefited. They have the power to make decisions regarding about the job and take responsibility for the results. And the outcomes of the employee empowerment are, employees will feel more confident and maybe they will contribute more to the organization. In addition, it has a big effect to the behavior of an employee within organization.
@junalyn (17)
• Philippines
9 Sep 10
_having no limitations really cause employees to feel they can do everything they wanted. For me I haven't work yet in any working place but soon or later I would surely give limitations to my employees if i will be a manager. In the house itself, there should be given limits to member of the house. This is to have discipline because this is one of the most important factor to lead an organization. With this, just imagine what it could be.
8 Sep 10
Manager can give the employee limited empowerment. On one side, give them empowerment could encourage them. The employee feel their ability are recognized by the manager, they will make great efforts. On the other side, the limitiation empowerment will avoid some problem in the organization. The employee will not be beyond the power of the manager.
• Philippines
8 Sep 10
Employee empowerment sometimes motivate employees to work. But some employees grab this opportunity to make their self as a boss. They don't even perform their work well.Employees must not abuse this empowerment so that they will not suffer all at the end. For the manager to be secure he must implement rules and regulations for the organizations.
@xyzerjam (19)
• Philippines
7 Sep 10
Quoting from Spiderman Tobby, 'With great power comes great responsibility.' Employees having the power to decide for themselves is great because it makes the employee more in control of his actions. But if he fails the weight would be solely on his shoulders. Taking responsibility for every action, decision an employee makes is the proper thing to do. Rules and regulations should be properly informed to the employees if the manager wants to empower them. By doing this, the emloyees would work within the company rules, even if they are empowered. A balance between empowerment and control should be present in an organization always.
• Philippines
8 Sep 10
Empowering the employees can be a big thing that motivates them to be more productive and do alot better.. Giving them freedom to do their tasks without too much restrictions will be a very vital thing to achieve the organizational goals. It is a thing to be remembered if you want them to not feel so non-participative and a follower of dictations.. But sometimes, this thing also ruin the organization.. like the other saying goes,too much of the thing will be dangerous. The manager has the full responsibility to determine what is too much and lacking.. He should critically assess that one decision might break the trust of his followers.He should clearly set the limitations between the employees and the organization of course taking into consideration the freedom as a part of the employee's sentiments. To let the employees be participative, he should let them express their ideas, designs and output and letting them feel that they are trusted by the whole organization..A fully restricted supervision will be a great hindrance in the attainment of the goals.. employees are freely encouraged to do their jobs well with full creativity and hard work backed up with the already set limits attached to it.
• Philippines
8 Sep 10
Through this, employee are motivated to do their responsibilities. employee empowerment also helps the employee take responsibility to the result of their work and helps them to serve their customer at high level. Employee also have the feeling that they are well secure to their work. They are motivated to work well if they are given the chance to participate in any management problems or work. And it shows one thing in the all the company or any establishments that employee should be prioritize because without them, company cannot be successful. Not only the company but managers should take responsible to the employees also. managers should also gives the employee the authority and the opportunities, not just work.
• Philippines
7 Sep 10
Yes, It is good to give employees empowerment. Because it can help also the company to gather more idea that may lead to high productivity. Giving freedom to your employees are like telling to them that they are part of your organization and they play a big role in the organization. But too much information of this may lead to misunderstanding of the employees and their employers.
• Philippines
8 Sep 10
Most of the employees treasure their lives when they get empowered. They feel like motivated and their power arise. With this situation, employees take advantage with the power invested to them and it causes some other problems. These occur when the employee is not treated good during his/her previous position and job. The problem arise when that person planned to pass the burden that he/she experience to the other persons. But in this employee empowerment there is also an advantage within the organization,It is when the employee is in positive and good side and his decisions will make the organization in the way of success.
8 Sep 10
Motivation is very helpful in an organization and its employees. In my observation it is an effective way to encourage people to love and appreciate their work. Giving rewards monetary and non-monetary like recognitions are some examples of employee empowerment. Having activities that will empower the employees relationships with each other. I guess that everyone needs not only financially but also the respect and compliments we receive from other people we work with. Even in just a small talk saying that "hey you did a great job today!", and maybe a sweet smile. Its inspiring, employee empowerment starts with us. =)